During this time of uncertainty and limiting social contact, why not make the most of the “social distancing” by embracing the outdoors! Loading up your family in your Keystone Hideout fifth wheel and heading to your favorite campground is a great way to self quarantine without staying cooped up in your home. Whether you’re just craving a little time out of the house, or looking to go out hiking, biking, or more, use this time to make memories with your kids! While you’re at it, here’s an easy breakfast quiche to enjoy at the campground!
8 Asparagus Spears
8 oz Mushrooms
1 9″ Pie Crust
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
4 tsp Butter
1 1/2 cups Grated Gruyere Cheese
1/2 cup Whole Milk
1/2 cup Half and Half
Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Line your 9″ pan with the pastry dough and prick the base with a fork. Place parchment paper over the pastry and fill with 1lb dry beans or weighs. Bake for 8-9 minutes or until dough is just beginning to set.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350.
- Remove the bottom 1″ of the asparagus, since it is usually tough, and slice the tops off at around 2-3″. Chop the middle portion into bite-sized pieces.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add a pinch of salt, and then blanch the asparagus for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the boiling water and set aside.
- Slice the mushrooms into slivers and chop the leeks.
- Saute the mushrooms and leeks in 2 tbsp of butter and a pinch of salt. Use a medium-high heat and cook until the mushrooms have a lovely golden brown color and the leeks are beginning to brown. Approx. 5 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and cheese to the pan, stirring to combine.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Whisk until eggs are frothy and the ingredients are totally combined.
- Add the vegetables to the eggs and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry shell — be sure to remove the parchment paper and dried beans/weighs before adding your filling!
- Cover the pan with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes. Top with additional cheese, and brown for 5 minutes.
- Let the quiche stand for ten minutes after removing from the heat and serve!
Take control of your 2020 year and make the most of this social distancing by getting your family out to the campground and away from the house. You’ll love getting to spend some extra time with them and you can make this time feel like a vacation, instead of a quarantine! You’re family will love the time away and you can enjoy this delicious camping recipe.
If you need a new RV to take you there, contact us at Moore’s RV today!