We made it through another year and now it’s time to party! Celebrating New Year’s Eve is already exciting enough, but if you’re lucky enough to ring in the new year in your RV then 2016 is already looking brighter for you. To help make your festivities an even more joyous affair, we’ve rounded up our favorite quick and delicious party foods:
12 whole fresh mushrooms
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems. Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems to the skillet. Fry until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn garlic. Set aside to cool.
- When garlic and mushroom mixture is no longer hot, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mixture should be very thick. Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.
1 (6.5 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
5 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 Frech baguette, cut into 1/3 inch thick slices
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a medium bowl, mix marinated artichoke hearts, Romano cheese, red onion and mayonnaise. Top French baguette slices with equal amounts of the artichoke heart mixture. Arrange slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Broil in the preheated oven 2 minutes, or until toppings are bubbly and lightly browned.
4 ounces bleu cheese, crumbled
1 ripe pear, peeled, cored, and chopped
2 tablespoons light cream
Ground black pepper to taste
1 (2.1 ounce) package mini phyllo tart shells
- Pre-bake phyllo shells according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Mix together blue cheese, pear, and cream. Season to taste with pepper. Spoon mixture into cooled shells.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Looking for new traditions to kick off 2016? Visit our North Ridgeville, OH location to check out our newest arrivals.
And from our family to yours, thank you for another wonderful year here at Moore’s RV! Happy New Year’s to all of you and may 2016 be prosperous and joyful!