Many campgrounds offer celebratory meals and potlucks for the Thanksgiving holiday. If you are one of those RVers who likes to camp over the holidays, then this is a perfect way for you to enjoy Thanksgiving while meeting other people who share your love of the RV lifestyle.
Many of these RV Rally Crowd meals will require you to bring along a dish to contribute to the meal. Sweet potato casserole is a Thanksgiving favorite, and a great way to bring sweetness to any meal. Here is the perfect recipe that you can make from the comfort of your RV:
- 4 cups cubed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup pack brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degree. Since your RV oven will be less insulated, make sure you refrain from opening it as much as you can to keep the heat inside.
- Cook cubed sweet potatoes in medium saucepan over medium high heat on the stove until they are tender enough to drain and mash.
- Once they have been mashed, mix the sweet potatoes with the white sugar, eggs, salt, 4 T of butter, milk, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Do this until the mixture is smooth and then put it in a 9X13 baking dish.
- In another bowl, you will take the remaining ingredients of brown sugar, flour, and pecans and cut in the 3 T of butter until the mixture is coarse. Then sprinkle this over the top of the sweet potatoes in the baking dish.
- Put in the oven for thirty minutes. Make sure you keep an eye on the oven because baking in your RV oven may be different than your home oven. Once the top is browned lightly, it is ready to serve and eat!
So enjoy the company of other RVers like you this Thanksgiving! Be sure to contact us or come to our location to find the perfect new or used RV to fit any and all of your RVing vacations this fall, winter, spring, or summer!